NEW! Volunteer sign-up has been updated for the Chain of Parks “apART” Festival, June 20-21st.
We have some exciting, while also bitter-sweet news! Though we were unable to gain a permit to hold our usual festival in the Downtown City Parks this year (due to COVID-19), we can still enjoy fine art in a unique NEW way.
2020 Chain of Parks apART Festival!
June 20 & 21st, 2020
Saturday & Sunday: 10-5pm
HOW IT WILL WORK
- Sponsored outdoor locations throughout Tallahassee will have multiple artist booths with space to set up and show their fabulous work!
- Extensive marketing efforts to promote the event with a zoned map of Tallahassee showing artist locations in Downtown, Midtown and Market District.
- Volunteers will live-stream on social media outlets with artist interviews throughout the weekend.
- The community will drive around to see artist curated displays & support our local economy!
- We are considering a $5 admission fee for people over 16 (not sponsors/ VIP’s). Guests will get a wrist band to do the ‘Art Crawl’. This should help reduce large crowds.
HOW WE’RE BEING SAFE
- Locations will be limited to 5 people at a time per booth area. All artists, volunteers and visitors will be required to wear a mask and regular sanitization enforced.
- If guests forget their mask, don’t worry! We will have a limited quantity of pre-packaged donated masks by Rags2Bags and hand sanitizer available.
- Volunteers will help create chalk outlines on the ground to help maintain physical distancing.
- Volunteers will be there to facilitate safe interactions, reminding guests to wait at a safe distance or in their cars.
- We are working on involving TPD so that they can help if there is a problem.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 6 volunteers to help set up on Friday.
- 2-3 volunteers per location: shifts will be from 9am-12pm & 12pm-5pm (Saturday & Sunday).
- You will be there to make sure everyone is being safe, the artists have everything they need, and visitors receive all the information they need. Goal is to be flexible & Helpful!
- You must wear a mask when people approach.
- You will help check people in & give them a wristband (make sure they have a mask, a ticket, or cash).
The Festival would not be the success it is without the many volunteers who share their talents, their time, and their passion for arts in our community. Thank you, volunteers!
Sign up to volunteer for just a few hours or every day – either way, join the group of dedicated volunteers who often return each year because it’s rewarding and fun!
Want to help now with festival planning activities? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Volunteer Spotlight – Jennifer Infinger
Jennifer Infinger, long-time LeMoyne volunteer and former LeMoyne Education
Director, continues to be a major asset to LeMoyne and the Chain of Parks Art
Festival. Jennifer is responsible for the Judging/Awards aspect of the festival.
What might sound like an easy, straightforward job is actually a year-round
position requiring many hours of work. Right after one festival ends, Jennifer
begins recruiting judges for the following festival and her job does not end until
each winner has their award ribbon and check in hand.
Jennifer recruits three expert judges from surrounding areas and pairs them with
three local patron judges who serve as guides during the festival weekend.
Jennifer coordinates with these parties, develops and executes the judging
process, prepares documents, and works throughout the festival weekend to
make sure everything goes off without a hitch. Jennifer is proactive, detail-
oriented, and thorough, and she runs her program independently. Jennifer’s
efforts are a gift to Chain of Parks and LeMoyne, as she does all this great work as
a volunteer! Thank you, Jennifer!
“Tremendous gathering of artistic talent.”