2021 Festival APPLICATION
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020
Jury Notification: November 15, 2020
Booth Fee Due: December 15, 2020
Balance of Booth Fee Payment Due: January 15, 2021
Event Setup: April 16, 2021 (generally after 10 am)
Show Date/Times: April 17 & 18, 2021; Saturday 10 am – 5 pm & Sunday 10 am – 4 pm
Event Breakdown:April 18, 2021 (after show closing at 4 pm)
The application deadline for 2021 exhibiting artists is
October 31, 2020.
If you would like to apply for the 2021 show, please APPLY HERE!
2020 Festival Information:
The annual Chain of Parks Art Festival is a multi-day Fine Art Festival with a two-day outdoor exhibit held in a group of city parks known as the ‘Chain of Parks’ in downtown Tallahassee, Florida. The festival is ranked in the Top 100 Fine Art festivals by Sunshine Artist Magazine, reaching #1 in 2017, #5 in 2018 and #3 in 2019. The Festival awards over $10,000 in cash prizes with 165 juried artists competing. The Chain of Parks Art Festival has been recognized as a Legacy Event by Visit Tallahassee due to the 40,000+ visitors and patrons it attracts. All proceeds from this juried Fine Art festival benefit LeMoyne Arts, a non-profit community-based art center.
Despite these challenging times, the love of fine art in our community has not diminished. As the world copes with the challenges of COVID-19, the Chain of Parks Art Festival will be implementing new safety practices and requirements to keep our artists and community SAFE by following the current scientific and governmental guidelines for safety.
CASH AWARDS – $10,000+ TOTAL
1. Best of Show – $2,000.00
2. Award of Excellence – $1,000.00
3. Additional Awards – The Festival uses a weighted award system for the balance of award prize monies to be divided among mediums based on the number of artists in each, up to the total prize money amount.
4. Recycle Art Award – $300
- Artist Awards of over $10,000
- Artist hospitality area with all day complimentary refreshments and reserved portable toilets
- Casual welcome reception sponsor hosted onsite Friday evening
- Quality style event T-shirt
- Volunteer booth sitters
- Limited to 170 artists
- Combined artist sales of over ½ Million for 2019 festival
- 24-hour on-site security provided by uniformed Police Officers (Tallahassee Police Dept.)
- Festival website includes artist image and live link to artist website
- High quality printed program with sample image and website information for each artist
- Digital marketing tool opportunities provided
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Limited, first-come-first-served basis, complimentary RV parking located close by
- Friday afternoon/evening set-up
- Top award winners automatically juried into next year’s Festival
- Cover artist selected from participating festival artists
- Sunshine Artist Magazine, Fine Art & Design Show Artist Survey – Ranked Festival #1 and #5 in 2017 and 2018 respectively with 2019 coming in at #3!
- Attendance of 40,000 visitors and patrons
- Over $75K in Marketing & PR throughout North Florida & South Georgia
- The Festival kicks off on Thursday evening with a presentation by an accomplished artist through a partnership with the art festival and Florida State University’s Opening Nights program. The public is invited to come and hear about the careers and adventures of visual artists who have spent time making a living creating art.
- Free evening concert after show closing on Saturday from 5:30-7:30 pm. Award announcements made prior to concert
- Festival Village with children’s art workshops and community partners to promote art education
- Festival hosted by non-profit art center
- On-site festival staff
- Volunteer committee with 35 members who work year-round to produce festival experience for artists, patrons, sponsors and attendees
EVENT DATES & HOURS
Thursday, April 15th: FSU Opening Nights Special Presenting Artist Event
Friday, April 16th: Artist set up in parks begins
Workshops & Local Artist Demonstrations
Artist Welcome Reception 5-7 pm
Saturday, April 17th: Deadline for booth set up completed 9 am
Festival Artists open in the park 10 am – 5 pm
Awards Presentation Ceremony 5 – 5:30 pm
Saturday Evening Groove Concert 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Sunday, April 18th: Festival Artists open in the park 10 am – 4 pm
Special Event Closing Entertainment 3:30 – 4:00 pm
For additional questions, feel free to contact: