2023 Festival Artist applications are now closed
2024 applications will be available between August – October, 2023
However! We do have a new call-to-artists for a special Birdhouse Sculpture Pop-up Exhibit!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ARTIST PARTICIPATION
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022
- Jury Notification: November 15, 2022
- Booth Fee Due: January 2, 2023
- Event Setup: April 14, 2023
- Artist booths in the parks = 8:00 am
- Artist booth on the streets =12:00 pm
- Show Date/Times: April 15 & 16, 2023
- Saturday 10 am – 5 pm
- Sunday 10 am – 4 pm
- Event Breakdown: April 16 2023 (after show closing at 4 pm)
2023 Festival Information:
The annual Chain of Parks Art Festival is a multi-day Fine Art Festival with a two-day outdoor exhibit held in a group of city parks known as the ‘Chain of Parks’ in downtown Tallahassee, Florida. The festival is ranked in the Top 100 Fine Art festivals by Sunshine Artist Magazine, reaching #1 in 2017, #5 in 2018 and #3 in 2019. The Festival awards over $10,000 in cash prizes with 150 juried artists competing. The Chain of Parks Art Festival has been recognized as a Legacy Event by Visit Tallahassee due to the 40,000+ visitors and patrons it attracts. All proceeds from this juried Fine Art festival benefit LeMoyne Arts, a non-profit community-based art center.
CASH AWARDS – $10,000+ TOTAL
- Best of Show – $2,000.00
- Award of Excellence – $1,000.00
- Recycle Art Award – $300 – Open to all artists in all mediums.
- Additional Awards – The Festival will use a weighted award system for the balance of award prize monies to be divided among mediums based on the number of artists in each, up to the total prize money amount.
- Artist Awards of over $10,000
- Artists retain 100% of sales of artworks sold
- Artist hospitality area with all-day complimentary refreshments and reserved portable toilets
- Quality style event T-shirt
- Volunteer booth sitters
- Limited to less than 150 artists
- Combined artist sales of over ½ Million
- 24-hour on-site security provided by uniformed Police Officers (Tallahassee Police Dept.)
- The Festival website includes artist image and live link to artist website
- High quality printed program with a sample image and website information for each artist
- Digital marketing opportunities provided
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Limited, first-come-first-served basis, complimentary RV parking located close by
- Friday set-up beginning as early as 8:00 am
- Top award winners are automatically juried into next year’s Festival
- The cover artist is selected from participating festival artists
- Sunshine Artist Magazine, Fine Art & Design Show Artist Survey – Ranked in top 100 Fine Art Festivals for 7 years in a row.
- Attendance of 40,000 visitors and patrons
- Over $75K in Marketing & PR throughout North Florida & South Georgia
- The Festival kicks off on Thursday evening with a presentation by an accomplished artist through a partnership with the art festival and Florida State University’s Opening Nights program. The public is invited to come and hear about the careers and adventures of visual artists who have spent time making a living creating art.
- Free evening concert after show closing on Saturday from 5:30-7:30 pm. Award announcements are made available prior to the evening concert
- Festival Village with children’s art workshops and community partners to promote art education
- Festival hosted by a non-profit art center
- On-site festival staff
- Volunteer committee with 35 members who work year-round to produce the festival experience for artists, patrons, sponsors, and attendees
- Application Fee: $30.00 (non-refundable)
- Booth Fees: A standard 12×12 booth is $350.00.
- A limited number of Double, Corner and Priority Placement booths are available for an additional charge. Layout map to be provided to accepted artists prior to the purchasing process.
GENERAL SHOW POLICIES
- Open to all artists 18 years or older and are accepted for participation by a blind-jury.
- Artists are REQUIRED to present and sell their own work. Absolutely NO agents, dealers, or sales representatives may work the booth in place of the artist.
- Images submitted for jury acceptance must be of artwork created within the last 3 years and must be consistent with the work to be displayed in your booth.
- Booth to exhibit at least 50% artist-created original art. Signed and limited edition/numbered reproductions of original artwork are eligible for presentation in conjunction with original works. Work not numbered editions may be displayed in bins.
- The Chain of Parks Art Festival is a family-oriented event, and exhibits must be in keeping with this atmosphere.
- THE FESTIVAL COMMITTEE CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH ITS COMMITMENT TO MAINTAINING A HIGH-QUALITY FINE ART EVENT. Dealers, buy-sell products, and other infringements on this core mission will be addressed on an individual basis.
- SALES & TAXES: Each artist is responsible for collecting and reporting 6% Florida sales tax + 1.5% local sales tax and remitting it to the Florida Department of Revenue (FDoR). We are required to provide the FDoR your name and contact information as record that you participated in the event.
For additional questions, feel free to contact: