Coming soon! Artist applications and important dates will be available from August 15 – to October 31, 2022
Application: Available in August 2021
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
Jury Notification: November 15, 2021
Booth Fee Due: December 15, 2021
Balance of Booth Fee Payment Due: January 15, 2022
Event Setup: April 22, 2022 (generally after 10 am)
Show Date/Times: April 23 & 24, 2022; Saturday 10 am – 5 pm & Sunday 10 am – 4 pm
Event Breakdown: April 24, 2021 (after show closing at 4 pm)
The application deadline for 2022 exhibiting artists is
October 31, 2021.
If you would like to apply for the 2022 show, please APPLY HERE!
To read the full application and participation guidelines CLICK HERE
2022 Festival Information:
The annual Chain of Parks Art Festival is a multi-day Fine Art Festival with a two-day outdoor exhibit held in a group of city parks known as the ‘Chain of Parks’ in downtown Tallahassee, Florida. The festival is ranked in the Top 100 Fine Art festivals by Sunshine Artist Magazine, reaching #1 in 2017, #5 in 2018 and #3 in 2019. The Festival awards over $10,000 in cash prizes with 135 juried artists competing. The Chain of Parks Art Festival has been recognized as a Legacy Event by Visit Tallahassee due to the 40,000+ visitors and patrons it attracts. All proceeds from this juried Fine Art festival benefit LeMoyne Arts, a non-profit community-based art center.
Despite these challenging times, the love of fine art in our community has not diminished. As the world copes with the challenges of COVID-19, the Chain of Parks Art Festival will be following the most up-to-date safety guidelines by the CDC to keep our artists and community SAFE!
CASH AWARDS – $10,000+ TOTAL
1. Best of Show – $2,000.00
2. Award of Excellence – $1,000.00
3. Additional Awards – The Festival uses a weighted award system for the balance of award prize monies to be divided among mediums based on the number of artists in each, up to the total prize money amount.
4. Recycle Art Award – $300
- Artist Awards of over $10,000
- Artist hospitality area with all-day complimentary refreshments and reserved portable toilets
- Quality style event T-shirt
- Volunteer booth sitters
- Limited to 135 artists
- Combined artist sales of over ½ Million for 2019 festival
- 24-hour on-site security provided by uniformed Police Officers (Tallahassee Police Dept.)
- Festival website includes artist image and live link to artist website
- High quality printed program with a sample image and website information for each artist
- Digital marketing tool opportunities provided
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Limited, first-come-first-served basis, complimentary RV parking located close by
- Friday afternoon/evening set-up
- Top award winners automatically juried into next year’s Festival
- The cover artist selected from participating festival artists
- Sunshine Artist Magazine, Fine Art & Design Show Artist Survey – Ranked Festival #1 and #5 in 2017 and 2018 respectively with 2019 coming in at #3!
- Attendance of 40,000 visitors and patrons
- Over $75K in Marketing & PR throughout North Florida & South Georgia
- The Festival kicks off on Thursday evening with a presentation by an accomplished artist through a partnership with the art festival and Florida State University’s Opening Nights program. The public is invited to come and hear about the careers and adventures of visual artists who have spent time making a living creating art.
- Free evening concert after show closing on Saturday from 5:30-7:30 pm. Award announcements made prior to the concert
- Festival Village with children’s art workshops and community partners to promote art education
- Festival hosted by non-profit art center
- On-site festival staff
- Volunteer committee with 35 members who work year-round to produce festival experience for artists, patrons, sponsors, and attendees
EVENT DATES & HOURS
Thursday, April 21: FSU Opening Nights Special Presenting Artist Event
Friday, April 22:
-Artist set up in parks begins
-Workshops & Local Artist Demonstrations
-Possible Artist Welcome Reception 5-7 pm
Saturday, April 17th: Deadline for booth set up completed 6 am
-Festival Artists open in the park 10 am – 5 pm
-Awards Presentation Ceremony 5:15 – 5:30 pm
-Saturday Evening Groove Concert 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Sunday, April 18th: Festival Artists open in the park 10 am – 4 pm
For additional questions, feel free to contact: